There are plenty of tips for cats out there, but we’ve put together our ultimate favorites from our favorite sources. Check them out below!
- Every time you clean your cat’s litter box, be sure to sweep up litter they may have tracked or tossed outside of their box. You can also use a small rug or mat to catch this extra litter.
- Use dryer sheets regularly to pick up cat hair from your clothes.
- To clean cat urine, use a homemade solution rather than harmful cleaning chemicals. Mix 1.5 cup of warm water with .5 cup of vinegar. Leave to soak on the spot for 3-5 minutes, then sprinkle the area with baking soda. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour before vacuuming it up.
- Create an exercise tower for your cat by using boxes or even a bookshelf.
- Make a cat tent out of some hangers and a t-shirt or blankets. They’ll love getting to hang out and relax in their own fun spot.
- Create your own scratch tower by using a carpet sample. You can typically get these for free or cheap at hardware stores. Glue it to a wooden frame and voila!
- Make sure your cat has some cool places to escape to throughout the day. If it’s hot outside, leave them a wet washcloth to lie on when they get hot.
- Give them plenty of window perches. Move furniture and decor up against windows so your cats can perch happily.
Have some more tips for cat owners? Join our Facebook group and leave them there!