Thanksgiving is a time for friends, family, and of course, food! When everyone is gathering around the table, it can be easy for your doggo to feel left out from the fun. This Thanksgiving, gift your furry friends with homemade Thanksgiving dog treats instead of leftover crumbs from under the table. They will be sure to thank you!
Peanut Butter Pup-kin Pie Treats
If you have an extra can of pumpkin laying around after making your pies, then this is the perfect recipe to try!
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of all-natural peanut butter
- 2-3 cups of almond flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Roll the dough out flat to about ½ inch in thickness
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters or roll it into balls
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Store in the fridge and feel to your dog for a week after that freeze
Turkey Treat Balls
Your pup should be able to enjoy Thanksgiving turkey too! Try making these delicious turkey treat balls to spice up your dog’s diet and add in a little extra protein.
- 1 lb of ground or leftover turkey (you can use ground chicken or beef if you don’t have turkey)
- ¼ cup of applesauce unsweetened
- 2 oz of low fat or Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl
- Form into small balls about tablespoon-sized
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven
- Freeze or feed to your dog within 5 days
Have more yummy dog treat recipe ideas? We would love to hear from you! Let us know what they are in our Facebook Group.